EFFECTIVE: MAY 12, 2020
For Parents of Children under the Age of 18
For any user under the age of 18, we must have permission from the student’s parent or legal guardian before collecting or using any personal information on these platforms or in classes. We will need to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child under the age of 18 to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
We may collect information through the sources described below.
- Social Media Platforms such as Facebook, etc.
- Phone calls
- Text messages
- Electronic forms
- Our website
This also covers information you provide in classes and on homework voluntarily.
How We Use This Information
We may use your personal information to:
- register for class or create an account for ourselves or third-party partners;
- store messages, documents and other files and content in the course of your studies;
- invite you to events we host, sponsor or participate in;
- contact you about products or services you may be interested in or answer questions you have;
- provide you with personalized products and services;
- provide you with customer service;
- maintain internal records and otherwise manage our courses;
- send you newsletters and advertisements and otherwise correspond with you about products, services, events and other organizations that we think may interest you;
- ask for your reviews and testimonials and send you surveys and questionnaires;
- improve our products, services and platforms;
- administer sweepstakes and other promotions;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on these platforms;
- detect, prevent, or investigate illegal activity or misuse of our products and/or services and enforce our legal rights; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Customer Testimonials / Comments / Reviews
We (and students) post testimonials/comments/reviews on these platforms which may contain personally identifiable information.
If you elect to pay for tutoring lessons/classes/material with a credit card, all necessary information, i.e. your name, credit card number, expiration date, and address information associated with the account, is collected by Paypal, Google Pay, etc. third party payment platforms. Please familiarize yourself with their respective privacy policies.
Third Parties to whom We Disclose Information
We may share your information with third parties as described below if you need us to. This would be considered to assist you with information deemed necessary for schools, school districts, colleges and universities, or local/state/federal government agencies.
We may disclose personally identifiable information at the request of law enforcement or governmental agencies as required or allowed by law. We may also disclose personal information to protect the safety of others and when there is reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interfering with our rights or property, or the rights or property of others.
Social Media Widgets
Consent to Communications
Agreement to Receive Communications from us.
By electronically engaging on these platforms and in classes you are providing your Express Written Consent to this consent to communications, confirming that you have agreed to the terms and conditions herein and you have had an opportunity to download or print a copy of the Agreement for your records.
How to Withdraw Your Consent to Communications.
You may withdraw your consent to receive communications by emailing us here.